All students, faculty members and employees of the university are entitled for the membership of the Library.
Rules for Issuing/Borrowing Book
- No book will be issued from Reserve Section.
- Maximum two books can be issued for Professor/Assoc. Professor & one book for Asst. Professor/Lecturer/Demonstrator at a time for a period of one month.
- Two books can be issued to the student for one week (only for non medical students).
- Journals will be issued only within the Library Premises.
- Faculty Members are requested to collect the book personally from the Library.
- The readers should check the books thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, etc. while getting them issued.
- No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the users on return. Damaged books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
Condition of Loan
- A book which is in heavy demand may not be issued/re-issued to any member.
- A book needing repair or binding may not be issued.
- In case of Multivolume Books, Reference Books, Out-of-print books, members can consult the book in the Library.
Conventions for Issues/Return
1. General books are issued to all eligible members as per their entitlements.
2. Reference books and bound volumes are issued to members with special permission from the Principal of the College.
3. Thesis, dissertations, CDs, video cassettes are not lent out of the Library.
Loss or Damage of Books
In case the book is lost or damaged while in a user’s possession, the borrower will have to replace the book by a new copy of the same title and latest edition. In case he is unable to procure the same from the market, he may be allowed to pay the current price of the book as ascertained from the Publisher’s catalogue. In case, there has not been any other edition of the book, the price as recorded in the Accession Register may be charged with 20% extra and a proper receipt will be issued for the same.
Sub-Lending of Borrowed Books
- Sub-lending of books borrowed from the Library is not permissible. They may get damaged.
- When the book is damaged or lost in somebody else’s possession resulting in late return, penalty will be imposed as per the rules of library.
Reservation of Books
Members are allowed to make reservation for any book they need. A formal reservation form should be filled in and handed over to the Asst. Librarian. Members will be informed about the availability of the book when returned by other members.
Recall of Issued Book
Sometimes there may be a heavy demand for a book which has been borrowed. Any member can be called to return the book any time irrespective of due time period.
Extension of Possession Period
The possession period of book can be extended further to a maximum of one month, if it is not required by other members.
Items that are returned after the due date are considered overdue. Overdue fines are assessed Rs. 1.00 per day for the books issued from the Text Book Section.
Loss of Identity Card:
The loss of Identity Card should be reported to the librarian. The library will issue duplicate Identity card. Borrowers shall be responsible for any loss or misuse of their original/duplicate cards.
LIBRARY RULES FOR CONSULTANT MEMBERS
Any person wishing to consult library material housed in the library, can become the consultant member of the library for the specific time/duration, after the written permission of the Vice Chancellor.
Book Issue/Loan Policy
Consultant members are allowed to borrow books from the library in reading room only. NO consultant member will be allowed to borrow books out of the library Premises.
Damage of Books
In case any book is damaged by the consultant member, he will be required to replace the book with a new copy of the same title & latest edition.
Suspension of Privileges
If any consultant member is found misusing the library property, his/her membership can be suspended/terminated.
Personal book or books of any other library or other personal belongings such as bag, umbrella, tiffin box etc. are not allowed into the library. These should be deposited at the property counter at member’s own risk. Library will not be responsible for loss of personal belongings.
Rules of Internet Usage
- Internet will be available for use from Monday to Saturday from 08.00 am to 11.00 pm, and 08.00 am to 04.00 pm on Sundays and holidays.
- Users are allowed to use this facility only for academic & educational purpose and not for personal purpose.
- Password will be available only with the library staff assigned for the duty.
- User will be allowed entry with valid identity card.
- Depending upon the rush, time constraints may be applied by the library staff on duty.
- All users are required to make legible entry in the register kept for this purpose.
- User is not allowed to make any change in the setting of PC, adding any executable programs, deleting files etc.
- User should not remove/damage any hardware, wire etc. or interchange keyboard, mouse etc.
- Downloading of software other than required for academic purpose is not allowed.
- Copying or rewriting any CD in full or in part is strictly prohibited.
- The library has an open access system.
- The library users shall not engage in audible conversation in any part of the Library.
- Author & subject Catalogue is available at the entrance, which may be used in case of difficulty.
- A user shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
- A user shall be responsible for any damage caused by him/her to the books or any other property belonging to the library. He/she shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon him/her by the Dean/Principal.
- The Guard at the Library exit will check all personal belongings including Library books issued to a member.
- Use of mobile phone in the Library is strictly prohibited.
- The user should check the books before borrowing so to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books.
- Smoking, pan chewing drinking, eating, spitting and physical assault in the Library is prohibited.
- Photography within the library is not allowed.
- Membership privileges of a user can be suspended on account of misbehavior with the Library staff or for indecent activities.
- Personal book or books of any other library or other personal belongings such as bag, umbrella, tiffin box etc. are not allowed into the library. These should be deposited at the property counter at member’s own risk. Library will not be responsible for the loss of personal belongings.